Updates and Information Regarding COVID-19 / Coronavirus
This page has been set up to provide updates related to the Office of Sponsored Programs in response to COVID-19.
Last Updated: March 27, 2020
Processes have been put in place for Georgia Tech's Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) Contracting Officers and other supporting staff to carry out all critical Research Administration functions (e.g. proposal submission, award acceptance) while working remotely. As instructed by President Cabrera, remote work operations began on the week of March 16, 2020.
Please note that it is more important than ever to give the Contracting Officer sufficient time to review your proposal and its supporting documentation. Proposals received less than 12 business hours before the deadline may receive only a limited review, for compliance with Georgia Tech policies only. Proposals requiring representations, certifications and other types of commitments may not be complete by the deadline if received the day due.
Useful Links and Continuity Plans
- Georgia Tech's "Monitoring Coronavirus" Webpage
- University System of Georgia - Coronavirus Disease 2019 Updates
- Research Ramp Down Plan - Message from Dr. Abdallah (3/17/2020)
- Georgia Tech's Research Continuity Guidance (Research/EVPR Website)
- Georgia Tech's Instructional Continuity Plan (Provost Website)
Council on Governmental Relations: Resources for COVID-19 Updates
- FAQs Regarding COVID-19's Impact on Federal Awards from the Council on Governmental Relations (COGR)
- Useful Information from Multiple Agencies and Universities from the Council on Governmental Relations (COGR) USEFUL AGENCY LINKS!
Federal Agencies: Information for Proposers and Awardees / COVID-19 Guidance
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Flexibilities and Information for Applicants and Recipients (Overview Page)
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) FAQs about COVID-19 for DARPA Performers
- Department of Defense (DOD) Frequently Asked Questions for Research Proposers and Awardees Impacted by COVID-19
- Department of Energy - Office of Science COVID-19 Guidance and Laboratory Announcements
- Department of Justice: Due Date Extension for Proposal Deadlines Between March 16 and March 31
- NASA: For Researchers / Virtual Townhall and March 24 Memorandum to Contractor Community
- National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) FAQs and Information for Applicants and Grantees in Response to COVID-19
- National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH): Information on NEH and COVID-19
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) Coronavirus Information and Resources
- National Science Foundation (NSF) Coronavirus Information and Resources
- More Federal Agencies (Links to COGR Website)
Non-Federal Agencies: Information for Proposers or Grantees / COVID-19 Guidance
- American Cancer Society
- American Heart Association
- Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI)