Does your research project involve controlled unclassified information (CUI)? Compliance requirements in accordance with DFARS/NIST 800-171 include training requirements. (See our previous article on "What is Controlled Unclassified Information?")
The U.S. National Archives website includes a section with CUI Training Tools, including links to training modules by topic, videos, powerpoints and more.
All employees named in a CUI System Security Plan (SSP) at Georgia Tech must review the Georgia Tech: DFARS/NIST 800-171 Compliance Program materials at http://cui.gatech.edu/. In addition, they must also watch the following videos on the U.S. National Archives' CUI Training Tools website (https://www.archives.gov/cui/training.html) in their entirety when initiating an SSP: CUI Program Overview (2017 Edition) and Controlled Environments (August 2018 Edition) .
Here are some useful links:
- U.S. National Archives: CUI Training Tools
- Georgia Tech: Does your project need CUI compliance?
- Georgia Tech: DFARS/NIST 800-171 Compliance Program
- U.S. National Archives: Controlled Environments (Video)
- U.S. National Archives: Destruction of CUI (Video)
- U.S. National Archives: CUI Introduction to Marking (Video)
- U.S. National Archives: Marking Commingled Information (Video)
- U.S. National Archives: CUI Lawful Government Purpose (Video)