There will be disruption in the ability for OSP and Industry Engagement to submit proposals later this week. IRBWise and eCoI will also not be available. Please submit proposals and protocols before midday on March 19, 2020.
Georgia Tech will go live on the OneUSG Connect platform March 23. OneUSG Connect will bring all University System of Georgia (USG) institutions onto one technology platform to manage payroll, recruitment and hiring, and benefits. As part of this project, several systems that we rely upon for research administration need to be modified so they can continue to receive data from Human Resources and provide data to other systems. In order to install and test new interfaces, the following systems will be shut down on Friday, March 20 and will be restarted on March 23: E-Routing; all OSP apps including, the Contract information System (CIS), the Intranet Contracting Officers Log (ICOL), WebWise, and Cognos Reports; as well as eCoI and IRBWise. We will make every effort to minimize downtime but please be alert and submit proposals and protocols as early as possible before midday on March 19, 2020.
I recognize that this is a difficult time as Georgia Tech meets the challenges of the COVID-19 emergency. However, OneUSG Connect is an ongoing project that cannot be interrupted at this point. I am confident that when completed, OneUSG Connect will bring significant benefits to Georgia Tech. I realize this may not be ideal timing but this is a MAJOR upgrade and some disruption is to be expected. Please make note of the following guidance and information:
- In order to permit timely submissions, all proposals should be approved in e-Routing and ready for submission no later than 12:00 pm on March 19, 2020.
- OSP and Industry Contracting will not be able to establish new projects for awards received on March 20 or 23 until Tuesday, March 24, 2020. As you know, it will take a day or two after that for a Worktag to be assigned so investigators can begin spending.
- Please request any sub-awards or subcontracts you may need as soon as possible. OSP will not be able to process new sub-award or subcontract requests from March 20 through March 23, 2020.
- IRBWise will be unavailable for protocol submission or approval March 20-23, 2020. IRBWise will be off line so you will not be able to look up protocol information or retrieve documents during this time.
- eCOI will be unavailable for submission or information retrieval March 20-23, 2020.
Thank you for your patience! I appreciate the hard work you all do every day in your research and scholarship.
Chaouki T. Abdallah
Executive Vice President for Research