Pivot is a comprehensive global source of funding opportunities. All Georgia Tech researchers have access to Pivot, courtesy of an enterprise license made possible by the Associate Vice President for Research Administration and the Office of Sponsored Programs.
- Search Pivot and Research Professional - a comprehensive source for global funding information
- Save searches and track funding opportunities
- Discover collaborators
- Get tailored funding recommendations and alerts
- Gain insights from previously awarded grants
- Inform your funding strategies with global funding news and analysis services
To stay current on federal funding opportunities, faculty should search comprehensive websites that list federal funding opportunities and sign up for e-mail alerts in areas of interest. These online databases offer the most up-to-date information on current solicitations. They also allow researchers to sign up for e-mail alerts that will automatically send a notification when a new funding opportunity becomes available in their specified area of interest. Some of the most popular websites used to find funding are listed below.
Search comprehensive databases for federal funding
- Grants.gov: Allows researchers to electronically find and apply for more than $400 billion in federal grants. Grants.gov is the single access point for over 1,000 grant programs offered by all federal grant-making agencies.
- Pivot: A comprehensive global source of funding opportunities available free to all Georgia Tech researchers. Researchers can search for funding opportunities or sign up for e-mail alerts.
- System for Award Management (SAM) Contract Opportunities - A single government point of entry for federal government procurement opportunities over $25,000. (Formerly FedBizOpps.gov)
Sign up for agency-specific e-mail alerts
- NIH Guide to Grants and Contracts: The official publication for NIH medical and behavioral research grant policies, guidelines, and funding opportunities.
- National Science Foundation (NSF) Update: An alert service designed to help anyone with an interest in NSF news and publications stay informed about upcoming due dates for funding opportunities.
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA): The research and development office for the Department of Defense. They issue solicitations for research proposals.
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Extramural Grants: Supports leading-edge extramural research in exposure, effects, risk assessment, and risk management through competitions for STAR grants, fellowships, and research contracts under the Small Business Innovative Research Program.
- NASA NSPIRES: Solicits research through the release of various research announcements in a wide range of science and technology disciplines.
- Candid (Formerly The Foundation Center/GuideStar)
- Council on Foundations
- America’s Charities
- The Grantsmanship Center (TGCI)
- The Chronicle of Philanthropy
- System for Award Management (SAM) (Formerly the Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA))
- Foundation Information: The Foundation Relations Office is the primary contact between Georgia Tech and private philanthropic foundations.
- Fulbright Scholar Program: Visit Georgia Tech's Fulbright U.S. Student Program page for additional information about the Fulbright Program.