Project closeout is an administrative process that is handled by a contracting specialist assigned to the OSP Closeout team. The requirements for project closeout are established by contractual provisions and/or agency regulations. The contracting specialist will ensure that all required closeout documents are submitted to the sponsor (i.e., final invoice, disclosures on patents and inventions, property, and security).
Thirty days prior to the end-of-performance date, an automatically generated e-mail is sent to the PI and department, notifying the PI that the project expires in 30 days.
- The PI is responsible for informing the contracting specialist and OSP if an extension will be requested.
- No action required by PI if project will expire at end-of-performance date.
Thirty days after the end-of-performance date, an automatically generated e-mail is sent to the PI stating that project has passed its end of performance.
The project is closed by the contracting specialist.
- PI responds to closeout notice stating if there are inventions or discoveries associated with project.
- PI completes all deliverables for the project.
- Final invoice/financial papers are completed by the Office of Grants & Contracts Accounting or GTRI Accounting.
- Property Report is prepared by Property Department.
- Classified Material Certificate is prepared by Security Department.
- The contracting specialist is responsible for ensuring that all required closeout documents are submitted to the sponsor (i.e., final invoice, disclosures on patents and inventions, property, and security).
Closeout Documents flow down from the main project.
Termination of Project
Project is terminated when all obligations to the sponsor have been fulfilled
- Contact Rochelle Barry, Closeout Team Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org