Proposal Prep Systems for Federal Funding
For assistance creating system profiles or questions about proposal submission systems, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Research.gov: Submitting National Science Foundation Proposals
- Georgia Tech uses Research.gov to submit proposals to the National Science Foundation (NSF).
- Research.gov is the interactive real-time system that must be used to prepare, submit, and track NSF proposals. The principal investigator/departmental administrator prepares the proposal in the appropriate system. The Contracting Officer reviews and submits the proposal. Both systems are also used for proposal review and award management.
- Access to FastLane/Research.gov: Users create their own profiles (instruction guide). However, appropriate affiliation will be approved by OSP's training team (email@example.com).
- ProposalCENTRAL is an e-grantmaking website shared by many government, non-profit, and private grantmaking organizations. Some examples include the American Cancer Society, American Heart Association, American Association for Cancer Research, Alzheimer's Association, National Cancer Institute, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Parkinson's Foundation, The ALS Association, and many more.
- The PI registers on proposalCENTRAL and completes a professional profile.
- proposalCENTRAL is a web-based grant management service for proposal submission and review. The PI creates the proposal by entering the required information and uploading the necessary file(s). After the Contracting Officer reviews a hard copy of the proposal and the proposal budget, the PI electronically submits the proposal application.
Agency-Specific Electronic Research Administration Systems
- Congressional Directed Medical Research Programs: The principal investigator registers on the website and enters the required information. The PI also uploads the proposal files and indicates when the information and files are final and thus ready for the contract representative (namely, the authorized institutional official or a grants and contracts officer acting on the authorized official’s behalf) to review. An OSP Contracting Officer or other official acting on behalf of the authorized institution must review and approve the proposal submission before the Department of Defense can accept or review the proposal.
- Grants: An OSP Contracting Officer must be the first person to register and create an application. This officer submits the application on behalf of the authorized institutional official. Please notify your OSP Contracting Officer with the specific Application Package Title and CFDA number of the program to which you wish to apply.
- The Department of Interior uses FedConnect for the grant application process. The platform provides support to communicate through the pre-award, award, and post-award phases using secure two-way messaging.
- For access to FedConnect: Go to www.fedconnect.net, and then you can click the button Register for Free Account.
- NAAR Grants Administration System: The principal investigator creates an account. Once the account is created, NAAR sends an email indicating that the PI may log in and submit a letter of intent. If NAAR invites the PI to submit a formal proposal, the PI enters the required information and uploads the necessary files. NAAR requires the responsible official (the authorized institutional official) to endorse the proposal and/or approve the budget online before the PI submits the proposal.
- NASA solicits research through the release of various research announcements in a wide range of science and technology disciplines. Researchers can help NASA achieve national research objectives by submitting research proposals and conducting awarded research. This site facilitates the search for NASA research opportunities.
- Space Telescope Grants Management System (STGMS): This site has instructions for downloading and installing the STGMS application. For submissions, have your departmental administrator contact the appropriate OSP Contracting Officer. The principal investigator/departmental administrator prepares the proposal. OSP then reviews and submits the proposal. OSP must initiate accounts.